Re: [NTLK] Keyboard

From: Steven Scotten <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 15:47:48 EDT

Right. You and the rest of us on the list are the only people on the
planet that actually understand that what you've described could
possibly be useful. There will have to be a huge shift in public
perception before a device like you describe will be offered, and an
even larger shift in public perception before a device like you
describe will be accepted by the marketplace.

I could be wrong, but Palm's Foleo is the only thing on the horizon
that can begin to change that public perception. The iPhone is not
going to lead to bigger, non-phone iPhones and I don't see any other
avenues toward what you're describing.

And heck, I don't think I need anything near the kind of specs you're
describing. Why do you need 10GB of storage if you're not carrying
photographs, audio or video files (things you say you don't want
anyway)? And with an efficient enough operating system, 512MB seems
like an awful lot of memory.

Steve