Re: [NTLK] Keyboard

From: Steven Scotten <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Sat Jun 30 2007 - 15:57:53 EDT

On Jun 29, 2007, at 11:02 PM, kevin redding wrote:

> Spreadsheets, word processing. Bloatware like MS Office. If its Apple
> that makes it, then all the iWork or whatever its called these days.
> Used to be Apple Works. That stuff takes space.

I see. You want to be running a desktop OS on it? I think those
devices exist already. I'm not so fond of them, as I'm more into
instant on.

>> And with an efficient enough operating system, 512MB seems
>> like an awful lot of memory.
>
> Not if you are using it on the net. I would like it to be reasonably
> fast.

You're right, if you're going to be running OS X or Vista 512MB is
woefully underpowered. I was thinking something more on the Newt's
scale or PalmOS's scale. The entire Documents to Go suite takes 3MB
on my Treo and I think that is bloated! But if your needs include a
desktop OS you're gonna want a gig or two of RAM.

Steve