Re: [NTLK] DeskJet 340 / MP Synching with Schedule + on Windows

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 13:45:38 EST

On Mar 6, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Donald Wilson wrote:

> Yes, it should be possible. That's why I want the printer to work
> Myself.
>
> Everyone says it's possible. Maybe both My USB adapters are wonky
> enough not to work in Tiger, but I really don't want to go buy
> another unless I KNOW it works, and I KNOW the problems is that
> adapter.
>
> Anyone successfully getting this printer to work in Tiger? What
> equipment are you using?

Your not trying to use a USB to serial adapter with this printer are
you?

I think the USB to parallel would be what you want for that job, as
that was the "standard" way to hook this printer up (to the PC).

I have used USB to parallel adapters with OSX and many printers
including some that where never supported at all on the Mac and that
seems a great way to go.

The older Belkin USB to parallel adapters that where introduced with
the original iMac are less the 10$ (us) on ebay and work great.

Hope this helps?
Marty