Re: [NTLK] MailV,IMAP using Newted account

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 15:07:01 EST

Robert Serna wrote:
> Well I went over my limit on my Newted account and Grant has given me
> some extra space so I can delete my stored emails on the server but I
> can't seem to keep any emails deleted. I have approximately 9800
> emails (since Dec 2005) that I thought have been deleted using my
> Newton. Since I wasn't having any issues with my emails on my Newton
> I never check my limit and now I tried to create a new account using
> MAIL on my powerbook g4 it downloads all my emails but I still cant
> keep deleted messages deleted. Is there a sequence in MAIL to
> correctly delete message on a server? Still puzzled. Any
> suggestions appreciated.
>
> Robert
well I'm going to assume you meant to send this to the list but I'll see
what I can do?

do you have a setting anywhere that says something like leave messages
on server until i delete them? if so then they will never go away. you
need to ensure that they are deleted from the server when they are
deleted from mail. i don't use imap so i can't see where this setting is
but here are a couple of links that may help.

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/05/21/imap.html

you might try this one
http://kb.iu.edu/data/ajnk.html

here is my search pattern