Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 14:02:00 EST

Scott Rogers wrote:

> I came *back* to Newton because I need a portable with a bigger screen
> that was designed to do more than just remind me of appointments and
> read ebooks on, and as I said, I'm trying out the Newt to see how
> comfortable I am with it before I leave on a research trip this
> summer.

I had only my newt for about a year as the company i was working for
changed hands.

notes
schedule (with alarms to remind me ;-)
email
time tracking
expenses
to-do
contacts
a few games (mahjong being my favorite;-)

very doable and you'll have a hard time beating the battery life, esp if
you set it turn off a few minutes after being used (it does come back on
in, lets see, about 1 second. my powerbook doesn't wake that fast and
neither does that crappy dell m700 downstairs. uh now that i think about
it none of my machines does that except for another newt.

I use the biggest rechargeable AA's I can find and it goes forever
between charges (make sure you take adapters for all of your powered stuff!!

making phone calls overseas is a bit of a challenge until you realize
that not all phone systems provide a dial tone ;-)

tho being in London puts you pretty close to some good resources in
Europe ;-)

get a hold of me if you want more info.

william