[NTLK] SerialKey/Microwriter help?

From: Bruce Durocher II <bedii_at_qwest.net>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 14:40:31 EST

        After years of hunting, I finally found an actual Microwriter chord
keyboard--one that has a serial interface that's a plain cable, not a
mutant one like on the AgendA that I don't dare ever hack on. I had
hoped to use SerialKey to grab the character output from the
Microwriter and put it directly into my documents on the Newton, but
the docs say that it uses 9600 baud and the Microwriter lists 4800
baud as the maximum. Is there a way to get the SerialKey software to
work at the slower speed, or to torture the Stowaway keyboard driver
to work with the slower speed? I'd really rather avoid composing the
document on the Microwriter and blipping it to the Newton via a term
program if possible. Thanks!