Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 11:16:04 EST

On 3/9/2007 1:36 PM, Scott Rogers wrote:

> But as everyone around here has said, if someone NEEDS a PDA, get a
> PDA. If someone needs sync, get a PDA. If someone needs access to
> Exchange servers and whatnot, get an iPaq. The Newton is, in many
> ways, more powerful/extensible than some of these gadgets, but it also
> requires a tremendous amount of hair-pulling, teeth-gnashing, and
> wailing to get it to do some of the amazing things it can do. Simon's
> NCX is the bee's knees for me right now (wireless movement of data?!
> INSANE!!!), and I can't wait to see v2.

Well again, it depends on what you want to do. Somethings may have you
pulling your hair (syncing and wifi come to mind). But for note taking,
date entering, names logging, it is ready to go out of the box and
better than most PDA's. The biggest issue with the Newt is connection.
 But thankfully there are several developers stepping up to the plate to
finally improve this situation. :)

But I have to concede that if you need perfect seamless sync (is there
such a thing even with newer PDA's?) NOW then probably a Newt is not
what you want. However probably later this year you may be back when
such abilities are finally available. As I said though you are the only
one that can judge your needs and get what is best for you right now.

Hmm do bee's even have knees? ;)

-Dan