Re: [NTLK] XP Outlook sync utility

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 14:11:30 EDT

Dan wrote:
<snip>
Matt if I can ask, why do you use both AN and AA together? I wouldn't
think that they would be very compatible. But I guess AA doesn't change
much in the soup itself just gives a different way to access the data.
<snip>
That's exactly the reason I use Address Access. I like the display and
search features, very handy. That is also how I got involved with Action
Names. I use a lot of the Software that Thorsten Lange wrote. I like his
style we must have very similar visions of how to use the Newton. I have
I++, WittyKeys, Backyard Plus and Address Access. When I registered AA he
gave me a free upgrade to AA Pro because of having all of his other
software. I read about AA Pro and saw one of the main improvements was the
ability to play nice with Action Names. I didn't think much of it till I
bought a Newton Enhancement pack that had AN in it. It was an older version
but looked interesting so I went searching for a newer version and lo and
behold, it is freeware not. So I use AA and AN together, they work together
quite well. And earlier this week my company changed how we record time
billed to our customers. At the end of the week we submit a spreadsheet with
the hours. My son who had worked with Time Recorder from Iambic on a
different platform told me it was the greatest time tracking software and I
should get it for my Newton. SO everything came together. I have, AA, AN and
TR all working together. And although I haven't finished the sync part of
Ladle yet, I have finished all of the export functionality so I can dump my
TR records to a csv that opens perfectly into the company spreadsheet
template.

Now that I've told you probably a lot more than you wanted to know I'll end
this. But not before I give plug for some great software vendors, Thorsten
Lange and Iambic. Try their stuff, it is great.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe@comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/