Re: [NTLK] I'm about ready to throw this thing into Puget Sound.

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 09:27:23 EDT

Bruce Durocher II wrote:
> on and can't quite do it. Trying to use the 3CD589D-TP EtherLink
> card to the Mac's Ethernet card won't allow me to use any sync
> software. I think the card is still O.K. (the LED in the dongle has
> never worked, which is why I got it cheap), but my settings in the
> Mac may be all wrong. If I'm ever in CA when SNUG is meeting, I'm
> going to bring the whole mess along.

If you're plugging the cable from the 3c589 directly into your Mac, that
won't work - it will connect the transmit pins and receive pins together,
instead of to each other. You need to use an ethernet hub or switch to cable
them together or a crossover adapter - looks like an ethernet cable joiner
but inside it swaps the pairs around.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org