Re: [NTLK] Stowaway Help for '1'

From: <dougp_at_ispinn.com>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 13:43:35 EDT

> I recently picked up a Palm Stowaway and

Newtway adapter and can't seem to get it
> up and running with Daniel's driver. When I
> get it all connected, a "1" is inserted at the
> caret, but then I can't enter any text.

I've seen and heard this many times. '1' means you've got a bad or wrong
cable. It also means you're ever-so-close. IIRC, printer cables and
appletalk cables look the same, but are wired differently. You need a
printer cable and not the appletalk cable. Someone want to document this on
the wiki? :-)

Make sure you have the setting that allows you to place the caret with the
stylus. Open a notepad page, turn on the driver, place the caret, and start
typing.

Doug Parker