[NTLK] Suggestion to all connection utilities developers

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 13:37:04 EDT

I have a suggestion to all connection utilities developers (Matt, Simon,
Andres). When a backup is in process have the desktop say what package
is being backed up rather than "backing up packages". We know what
soups are in the process of being backed up or restored. But for
packages we only know that packages are being backed up or restored, not
which ones. The would be handy if the backup is hanging on a certain
package you could track down which one easily. Also it would nice to
have be a bar that shows the progress of the item that is being backed
up. Rather than the simple "barber pole" we have in NCU. NCU gives a
status bar when installing a package but nothing when doing a backup or
restore (which I always found odd).

-Dan