Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth File Transfer question

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 19:26:08 EDT

On 3/21/07, Andy Hill <adhill@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> For what it's worth I get the same thing happening when transferring
> larger packages by blootooth i.e getting so far and then hanging there.
> Even if I press cancel, the dialogue box remains.
> I have noticed that if I do a restart I can usually transfer it
> successfully the subsequent time.
> I noticed this improved once I made more heap available but hasn't
> completely.
> Are you sure it's not a heap issue? It might be worth freezing a load of
> non essential packages and seeing if there's any improvement. Also have
> you set 'delete from inbox' after putting away?

Andy,

I'll try it again tomorrow, but I tried several times after the
restart with the safe effect. I do delete things from the inbox after
putting away, but I can't get that far. As for non-essential packages,
it's been my habit for the past 5 years to freeze anything I don't use
at least 5 times a day, and at this point, everything but the apps in
the button bar and the bluetooth packages are frozen. I'm using an
MP2100, and with everything frozen, I'm guessing it isn't a heap
issue, but that's mostly based on wild speculation and a 2 year old
email conversation I wasn't a part of. :)

I need to experiment with a few other files, too. I was trying to
import a document to works right before work and ran out of time to
really troubleshoot it. Thanks for the tips, though!

--
-----
Matthew Reidsma :: Boston, MA USA