Re: [NTLK] Stuff It......why I now hate it

From: Joost van de Griek <jvdg_at_jvdg.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 17:53:56 EDT

On 3/22/07 9:42 PM, matthiasm wrote:

> First off, forks are deprecated and not used anymore in OS X. They
> have been replaced by something called "Packages" (which is simply a
> folder with the specific name extension ".app".

Extensions are mostly irrelevant in Mac OS X, as well they should be. It's
the package bit that makes a folder into a package, not the .app extension.
(For instance, Aperture's storage vault is a package, but it lacks the .app
extension.)

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
There are only two things that are infinite: The universe and
human stupidity. Although I'm not sure about the universe.