Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Someone needs to take unna.org, now.

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 10:32:10 EDT

On 3/26/2007 1:32 PM, Victor Rehorst wrote:
> Here's the scoop. Someone needs to take over unna.org, now, or it will go away.
>
> The domain expires in three months and unless someone is willing to take
> transfer of it by then, it will expire - I won't be renewing it.
>
> Also, I just found out on Friday that the host that has been hosting
> www.unna.org, mirrors.unna.org, and tools.unna.org will be shutting down
> their operation on April 2nd. (Needless to say, I was a little bit shocked -
> they forgot to notify me). I didn't get as much time to prepare for this as
> I liked.
>
> Unless someone can set up shop for these things by next Monday (and I mean, I
> will give you the backups and you will setup all the work), they will go away
> too. The two mirror sites philly.unna.org and de.unna.org will stay up I guess.
>
> It's been a fun 6.5 years but I really should have cut the cord completely a
> while ago.

I am sorry to hear this but I understand. I wish to thank you for all
your years of holding the archive (and more) together. I don't think we
would have much of a community today if it was not for your
time/effort/abilities.

I wish I could help out with this. I suppose I could take over the
domain name, but unfortunately I don't have the resources to take over
the archive itself. If I did, I would do so in a heartbeat. And it
would probably be better if the same person that takes over the servers
does so with the domain keeping both together. But if the new host does
not want to take the domain as well, I offer my help in that regard.

-Dan