Re: [NTLK] Act! 1.0

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 11:48:41 EDT

Welcome. And yes if I remember right it did take some time to move all
your data to its own soups. Also it depends on how much data you have
as well. Personally I would try Power Names as it works with the
default names soup. Action names is another method but it does move
your data into its own format for Calls and todos. Some people like
their method, I don't as it does not convert back 100%. Still it is
worth a look. But if you already have Moreinfo (and enjoy it) then
adding Action Names is a bit of over kill and they will "fight" over
some aspects of the data.

If you don't like Power Names there is Address Access by Thorsten lang.
http://www.tl-it.de/newton/pages/aa.php?lang=e
Many on this list like this app. Also it will work with Action Names if
you do end up preferring that. There is one more app by Landware called
Quick Names Pro. It also uses the default Names soup with some addon
features. I haven't tried this package so I don't know its details.
But that is buy before you try software. However for $10 it is not bad
to try it if you end up not finding anything else you like. To purchase
Quick Names Pro you will have to call Landware directly and order it
that way as they no longer sell Newton software via their website.

-Dan