Re: [NTLK] Availability of Apple 2000/2100 case

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 16:27:11 EDT

First and foremost this is NOT a flame so don't take it that way. I am
only trying to make some observations.

Well I don't know about anyone else but in this particular case (no pun
intended) you are out of this product and both of the proffered
solutions have it in stock (at ~40% less than you used to sell it for
but that is neither here nor there). If I wanted to find an item I would
not care who USED to have it but only those that CURRENTLY have it.

Recently the cable repair info mentioned Woody as he specializes in that
repair and it is well known (I've met him and seen him do it, like some
kind of magic). I didn't see anything on your site that distinctly
mentions emate cable repairs (the section marked repairs talks only
about the 2000/2100). You should make that a bit more clear than it's
current implied bit under the emate display cable section.

The battery re-cell request from awhile back mentioned Mr. Parker (I
think) and Victor in the EU. You DO have re-celled batteries I see and
that is clearly marked so that is a plus (I have no idea how your prices
compare to theirs).

And while it's true that your published prices seem to be higher, on
average based on a quick glance (and that is no excuse for disqualifying
someone in and of itself), maybe if you contributed every now and again
to the discussions then folks would remember you. Personally I forgot
about you completely myself but then if pressed I would likely only
recall the 5-10 folks who post on a regular basis (I guess this means I
might in time forget about Victor, sorry =8-O'

I've noticed that those who get mentioned tend to have the item that is
being discussed in stock and that they never come here to mention that
they got left out of the draw. So either they don't care, they are
competitive or they have really happy customers. (do any of your
customers live on this list? if so then why didn't they have piped up??)

Just an observation, any other reason that someone might forget you is
not my present concern as I am only posting my observations at THIS
point in time.

william

PS I DO notice you have the speed boost easily identified (I wonder how
this performs compared to the PixSolutions one I had done some years
ago, or is it the same thing?)

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.