Re: [NTLK] Knowledge Navigator

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 00:33:07 EDT

Hey John,
I check his site and see that it's showing $79.99 for the Canvas Newton
Case.
If you're interested I should have one somewhere in the basement which I can
let go for $56.60 shipped via ground.
Insurance additional but it should be $1.35 for first $50 via USPS and
another $1.35 for the next $50...

Thought it might be worth it to see if this might help...
If still too pricey keep a watch on eBay as they eventually show up there
but the pricey depends on who's looking for it at the time.
Much success to you.
God bless,
Sonny

On 5/7/07, John Sammons <sammons.john@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Oh dear....I seem to have walked into a history I don't know about, or
> to be honest care about.
>
> I will leave those 'in the know' to battle this if they feel it necessary.
>
> All I can say is that thanks to KN I am now the happy UK owner of a
> MP2000U which has really opened my eyes to how good this platform is.
> Everyone I work with is extremely curious about my new toy and as I
> show them what it can do they become more and more fascinated.
>
> Thanks to all those in the 'scene' for the last 10 years for keeping
> the Newton alive. It is amazing that I can plug it into my network,
> bluetooth things to my Macbook/Powermac with ease and take notes in
> meetings that leave my colleagues coming to me for confirmation of
> agreed actions.
>
> I just need to find one of those canvas cases that takes the keyboard
> & newton now. I know KN has one, but a bit too pricey for me... :-)
>
> So thanks KN and the list for giving me an old Toy to be enthusiastic
> about. May some keep this amazing gadget alive for many years to come.
>
> John
>

> On 07/05/07, Peter Fraser <pjfraser@mac.com> wrote:
> > I think i've been a member of this list for almost a decade now,
> primarily as a lurker. and i clearly remember thinking about ducking back
> out, the first week i joined. why? because there was a huge storm of
> complaints about one of the members: Ferdi.
> >
> > he seems to really polarize people, and every so often it flares back up
> again - it was always extremely negative for the first years, but eventually
> a few people have actually been coming back with positive feedback just over
> the past year or so. so perhaps that's progress, and he may be completely
> rehabilitated by, oh, 2015 or so.
> >
> > -- Peter
> > pjfraser@mac.com

> > >I personally don't like him and his practices - this of course is due
> > >personal interactions in the past.
> > --
> > This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all
> inquiries