Re: [NTLK] MP130 Unearthed and Soon to be Loved

From: Roman Hultay <roman.hultay_at_infostore.ca>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 00:47:04 EDT

R A Parker wrote:
> On Monday, May 7, 2007 at 8:34 pm Roman Hultay wrote:
>

>> What I want to do is:
>> Make a new Serial Cable
>> from scratch, does anyone have a
>> diagram?
>>

> Not worth it. I can send you a serial cable for the cost of shipping.

Seriously? I'm near Toronto, Ontario Canada. Where are you from?

Here is my postal info:
28 Stoneham Street
Alliston, Ontario
L9R 2C9

>> Connect with Linux
>>

> Limited support. Someone else might be able to better answer this. I would recommend Mac 68K or PPC emulation or buy an inexpensive Mac.

Yeah, an emulator is a good option.
>> Update the OS (if necessary), it's
>> 2.0 at the moment
>>

> The MP 130 is what it is. You'll be able to install a Software Patch for the OS that fixes bugs.
>
> <http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/software/SystemPatches/english/130>
>

>> Get a WiFi Card Working via
>> PCMCIA (?)
>>

> Sorry, you'll be limited to modem access to a dialup service. But, NIE for the 130 works fine over a modem... I've done it.
>
> Ron
>
> P.S. Welcome back!

Thank you so much for your help!

My brother is kicking himself for selling his MP2100 years ago. I kicked
him myself when he told me. lol!