Re: [NTLK] How do I freeze the battery for MP2x00?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 16:41:49 EDT

If you haven't done so already, install Frankl's NewtTest.
<http://www.pda-soft.de/newttest.html>
This will allow you to monitor the progress of the charge. You will
notice how the Newton's charging system sends bursts of power to the
discharged battery pack until it reaches some critical level of
charge then it shifts to 'fast charge'. If the battery temp gets too
high before this happens then the charging process is stopped.
I suspect that it is not a good idea to freeze the battery pack, but
chilling it for ten minutes may extent the 'preparing to charge'
period enough to get it going.

But some battery packs are dead and need to be re-celled.
good luck

Woody