Re: [NTLK] Trouble Moving .rtf to Newt

From: M. Kowal <mkow1234_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 10:20:22 EDT

Yeah, I might have been a bit harsh, but you must agree that there are some ridiculous ideas floating around. Some people will spend three or four grand on an Apple computer and then use some convoluted methodology to avoid spending a hundred bucks somewhere else. Allow me illustrate this further with a *slight* exageration:
"I need a power supply for my eMate. I know it's supposed to take X-volts at so many amps. However, I'm wondering if I can wear a tin foil hat and connect a lightning rod to the Newton to power it that way. Oh, and I want to know if I can download software from the OLPC initiative via Ubuntu and transfer it across a FireWire-to-Serial-to-Kerosene interface. I'm using a G5 Mac with OS 11 with a 1 baud modem. It would also be great if it could read JCL from a mainframe..."

The point I'm making is this -- our Community is small enough already. Let's try to at least adhere to some standards, so that we can solidify and strengthen our efforts. Experimentation is fine, but let's not be ridiculous about it.

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA

Thomas Brand <thomasbrand@mac.com> wrote: I think that this list is an example to the very concept you are attempting t rebute. That is people will and are using unconventional technology such as the Apple Newton itself. www.mynewtonblog.net
T2