Re: [NTLK] Trouble Moving .rtf to Newt

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 10:53:15 EDT

John Chu wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 07:20:22AM -0700, M. Kowal wrote:
>> The point I'm making is this -- our Community is small enough
>> already. Let's try to at least adhere to some standards,
>
> But RTF *is* a standard. The whole point of having standards so that
> people aren't locked down to specific pieces of software.
yes but there is standard and there is standard. when companies change
their product so that they lock others into their version of the
standard then things don't work out as they should. And just because one
product does or does not implement the entire standard as it should be
(without their little tweaks) then that does not make their way the
'standard'. (it may be the most prevalent but it would not meet the
standard)

> (Also, Nisus Software is still in business. Nisus Writer Express is an
> OS X product. If it's generating non-standard RTF, that's something
> that the company can do something about.)

for which I am quite happy as their thesaurus kicks butt. I personally
have not seen anything better on os X.

william

--
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.