Re: [NTLK] Anyone have a review of the Speed Boost Implant?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 14:31:03 EDT

If you look at my speed upgrade site, you will see that I did the xtal swap with a switch AND a ser-001 (newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed).
  I don't know how the other speed upgrade works, so I can't attest to the availability of room for both items.
  .Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

Huxley Dunsany <huckdunsany@mac.com> wrote:
  Thanks for the cool info, guys!

One (more) question: I've already got the SER-001 serial port adapter in my 2100. Would I still be able to use the speed-setting switch? I'm not sure where else it would go, without hacking a hole in the side of the case, anyway...

Thanks!

Huxley

"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
   - Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit