Re: [NTLK] car adapter

From: M. Kowal <mkow1234_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 14:19:38 EDT

Yeah, it doesn't work! :O(

I have attempted to run my Newton MesagePad 2100 off of a similar car cigarette lighter adaptor (7.5 volts at ~600 milliamps), which was intended for a small emergency flashlight device. The Newton, of course, simply tried to draw more power than the circuit could provide, blowing out the fuse in the cigarette adaptor thingie. Like a fool, I tried putting a slightly heavier rating fuse in the cigarette adaptor. This just placed the electrical overload further down the circuit, and I promptly blew one of the car's buss fuses. Try using an inverter, as others have suggested.

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.