Re: [NTLK] Bootstrapping a 2100 via an eMate?

From: Douglas Johnston <douglas.johnston_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 18:12:23 EDT

On 11-May-07, at 11:44 PM, R A Parker wrote:

> Beaming is how I did it. But, you need UnProtect extension to beam
> protected packages.

Thank you, Ron and Woody! That utility did the trick, and I was able
to move the NIE2 apps over to the 2100.

Now, the next challenge. I found a Farallon enet card that's supposed
to work with the 2100, and hooked it up to the MacBook Pro's ethernet
port, then set the MBP to share the network via that port. I followed
the instructions (as best I could make out), but NewtsCape doesn't
seem to work. Perhaps I need a cross cable RJ45? (This generally
isn't needed between two Macs, but I've never tried a Newton before.)
How can I tell if I'm connected, and with what IP?

While I'm at it, how can I tell what MAC address the network card
has? I'll need that when I figure out how to use the wireless card,
since our org network is locked down to allow access by the MACs.
(For now, sharing the MBP connection will get around that.)

Yes, too many questions, I know. Just another enthusiastic newbie,
here. ;-)

all my best,
dj

--