Re: [NTLK] serial connector

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 07:10:43 EDT

Short answer: possibly. Sync is always a tricky affair and even if you
get it to work, always make a full backup first as errors can occur
(even in newer PDA's) with your data. You have to get a copy of Newton
Connection Utilities (it is on UNNA). And a copy of slowdown. Then
turn your FIFO buffers to the lowest setting and run several instances
of slowdown to get your machine slow enough for the connection to be stable.

Also what do you want to sync with? The best easiest program for the
desktop is still Louts Organizer (also available on unna in the windows
section). If you are hoping to use it with other programs, that won't
be easy, if even possible. The programs would need to be able to import
 and export comma delimited text with the added ability of adjusting the
fields. In short not a easy affair. But there are other programs in
development that hopefully will be available this year.

Oh I should mention that I have no idea if NCU will work with Vista. In
theory yes, but honestly I have no idea. It does work fine with Windows
2000 though.

-Dan