Re: [NTLK] Newton packages won't install

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 07:41:41 EDT

On 5/19/2007 10:08 PM, xp wrote:
> Hi, trying to download some Newton packages from http://newton.tek-ed.com/
> Every package I download when I use Newton Connection utilities fails to
> load to the Newton. Says it can't be recognized as a package. I've seen that
> this has something to do with the type/creator flag (maybe?). The only apps
> to fix this seem to be Mac apps, I'm running on the windows platform (or
> linux).
> Is there any hope?

Yes get the program called strip
http://www.unna.org/unna/windows/strip.exe and give that a try. Put it
in a folder by itself then drag and drop a COPY of your package you are
having trouble with and then see if you can install this copy. It may
work. Though I have never had a issue with Ed's packages like this.
How are you downloading them? You might try a different browser and see
if that helps the situation if strip does not work.

-Dan