Re: [NTLK] Origami minitablets. I'm sure i have one

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 09:37:10 EDT

~~~ On 2007/05/28 12:33, Andrew Forrest at andyf@cwgsy.net wrote ~~~

> http://news.com.com/2300-1044_3-6046778-1.html
>
> Don't these things look familiar?
>
> Andy...

Andy,

Am I the only Newton user that feels a little embarrassed by the thought
that Apple discarded one of the best computing ideas ever, only to have a
*choke!* -- *gasp!* Wintel device show up doing a cheap and nasty imitation
of our beloved Newt? I can't help looking at this -- thing -- and thinking,
"If only Apple had kept on with the Newton project, just imagine what we'd
be using now!"

I'd be glad to have a pound from every person that's admired my Newt since
I've had it. And with all the improvements in components over the last 10
years, we could be using something far more amazing than the MP2100. How
could that have failed to translate into healthy market share for Apple?

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl