Re: [NTLK] New Palm Device (flop?)

From: Scott Rogers <srogers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 01:59:10 EDT

Well, I have to admit that I'm looking very closely at the UMPC
market. I have a laptop, but 90% of the time, I only need it to check
email, IM, and browse the web. But that other 10%, I need to run
photoshop, do audio editing, run dreamweaver, etc.

Right now, for instance, I'm really struggling to come up with some
kind of kit to use when researching. I do *not* want to wag my
laptop+power adapter all over the place if I don't have to, and if I
can use the Newt+Stowaway, great. If I have to buy another iPaq and
use my bluetooth keyboard with it, fine.

But I don't want to have to have corrective surgery from wagging a
powerbook around.

The UMPC would be *ideal*, but as you rightly point out, they're too
expensive (the battery life also sucks).

Cheers