Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 22:44:58 EST

On Nov 8, 2007, at 16:13, Morgan Aldridge wrote:

>> On 8. Nov.,`07, at 13:53 EST, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any note synchronization packages out there, using
>>> iSync on
>>> Mac OS X?
>>
>> On 11/8/07, L.W. Brown <lwb@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not that I've heard of, but you have got to try NCX - it transfers
>> packages & data very well on 10.4 (and some have had success on
>> 10.5).
>
> Simon Bell actually plans to implement syncing in NCX
> <http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/> using Mac OS X's Sync
> Services, but currently provides other functionality not offered
> elsewhere on Mac OS X like backup & restore as well as package
> installation.
>
> nSync <http://thenowhereman.com/hacks/newton/> is another option that
> solely does synchronization, but it doesn't exactly do it well.
>
> As far as the BlueTooth goes, grab a Pico card from
> <http://www.notwen.com/bluetooth/> (as John suggested) and install
> Eckhart Köppen's Blunt <http://40hz.org/wiki/index.php/Blunt> drivers.
> I also suggest installing his IC/VC
> <http://40hz.org/wiki/index.php/IC/VC> utility for importing/exporting
> notes, names, and dates via BlueTooth.
>
> I use the the above mentioned setup on my MessagePad 2100 every day
> and it work flawlessly for me. I export all new calendar events from
> Dates and import them into Google Calendar*, names into Mac OS X's
> Address Book, and send notes to and fro as well.
>
> * - There seems to be a bug with importing iCal files into Google
> Calendar when using Google Calendar, but otherwise it's flawless.
>
> Morgan Aldridge

Thanks for the valuable info, Morgan. Right now, I'm a bit dead in
the water. I just can't connect with NCX through AppleTalk over
Ethernet with my 2100. I just blew off my Farallon Ethernet PCMCIA
card. I've tried to use my Wavelan wireless card with Hiroshi's
driver, which I have registered. I input my WEP key for my snow
AirPort base station, but I can't connect to anything, not even to
the Internet which at least I was able with my Farallon. Are there
any known issues with WEP, 128bits on a Snow AirPort base station?

-Laurent.

--
Laurent Daudelin
AIM/iChat/Skype:LaurentDaudelin 					http://nemesys.dyndns.org