Re: [NTLK] Paul's ATA drivers and registration

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Nov 10 2007 - 11:21:32 EST

If he is working anywhere in the portable, handheld, cell phone development
area it could be considered a conflict of interest.

I also had a similar experience. When I came home after my tour in the
military I was offered a job designing circuit boards for automated
photographic processing machines. I was told that as a condition of my
working there I would have to give up my part time career as a free lance
photographer. It seems the equipment companies largest company was a pro lab
in my home time which also owned the largest photo studio in town. So they
did not want their employees make competition for their big customer. I told
them no thanks and went to work in electronic security (burglar, fire
alarms, etc.) I only continued my photography career for maybe five more
years but looking back, it was the right decision.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org:8080/ (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)

Jon Glass wrote:
<snip>
By "can't" I
meant "mayn't" As in it is considered a conflict of interest with his
work, and is no longer "allowed."
<snip>