Re: [NTLK] NIE and the TCP stack

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 16:17:52 EST

On Nov 16, 2007 4:02 PM, Ben Sanford <dethl.selin@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem I've heard about porting OpenSSL to the Newton is that NIE
> would have to be redone to some degree. PuTTY is self contained and
> also quite small, the primary reason why I figured on porting that.

Yes, you would have to do a little surgery to get SSL support grafted
onto NIE (see Eckhart's recent reply on this subject here:
<http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2007-10/0259.html>), but
then each app that needs SSL support would have to be modified to
support SSL as well.

You may want to talk to the developers of PT100 (see
<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/internet/PT100v1.1>) for assistance as
it took a bit of work to get it optimized enough to run smoothly on
the MessagePad 2100 and it's still on the sluggish side.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/