Re: [NTLK] developments on OpenEinsten?

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sun Nov 18 2007 - 12:31:01 EST

On Nov 17, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote:

> Pardon the ignorance, but have there been any developments on
> Einstein?

Yes. I am still active. The last changes were additional features for
the MSWindows version. I am currently implementing a way to make
native calls via a single ARM instruction. The idea then is to replace
functions with native calls until I can remove all MMU calls from the
ROM. WIthout MMU on todays devices with sufficient RAM would likely
triple the emulator speed, with the replaced functions running at full
speed. The code is not ready to be published yet though.

> I've been drooling over the new N810 and I have been considering my
> options.

Einstein should compile for and run on the N810 without many changes,
if any at all. But I assume it does have to be recompiled.

> The device looks to be quite attractive, and if OpenEinsten can run
> an image of my Newton setup (apps and all)....simply heaven...

What do you need to get it going? Someone to compile the binary for
you? Did you try the N800 version? It may work without any changes or
even without a recompile.

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/