Re: [NTLK] 4,000 Newton modems and a lot of spare time.

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 11:58:37 EST

On 11/28/2007 10:16 AM, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
> http://www.tuaw.com/2007/11/27/what-to-do-with-4-000-newton-modems/
>> There was a time I felt like I had this many Newton
>> modems.
>
> You know I never thought much of the Newton modem, but let me ask this,
> that had the standard Mac/Newton din connector and powered by a 9 volt
> battery right? And 2400 baud?
>
> Might have been kinda useful though for a laptop I was using last night.

They are handy and it is why I won't give mine up. Also you can plug in
a newton AC adapter and power it that way. :) But not 9v but 2 AA's and
you can't use rechargables, at least you wont' get much usage time on it
last time I tried it. They may be slow but they are great and
especially if you are getting a 130 online as it only has one card slot. ;)

-Dan