Re: [NTLK] RES: Goodbye

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 02:41:21 EST

On Nov 29, 2007, at 6:25 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Well, I don't all the technical details but if the card can be
> brought physically in the computer, theoretically, it should be
> possible to write a driver to recognize the data. I'm a programmer
> but I've never done low level programming like this, so I'm not sure
> about the work involved but, like I said, theoretically, it should be
> possible. I would think that with the work Paul Guyot has done for
> his ATA driver, he would know a bit about the format of the card once
> it's been formatted by the Newton.

At least on MSWindows, all drives can be read to the sector level. It
would be possible to read and write Newton cards using Einstein and an
appropriate driver.

As for any other program, this would not be easy because Newton does
not use linear files, but Soups which are a kind of database. Soups
are in many respects similar to XML. So how would one sore a jpeg
image in an XML file?

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/