Re: [NTLK] 2100 recelling issues

From: Simon Stapleton <simon.stapleton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Oct 06 2007 - 03:44:09 EDT

Thanks for that Sonny.

In the end I took the pragmatic approach:

Considering it's been working fine for n years without an RMP, that
the base of the cells is unlikely to corrode, and that I have tabbed
cells so there's no need for any solder on the end of the cell, I
soldered the wires to the tab on the "inside" right next to the cell,
trimmed the tab to have a tiny overhang the size of the blob of
solder, and fitted the whole deal without an RMP.

Bingo. I have a newton that is no longer "tethered". 2700mAh FTW.

Simon