Re: [NTLK] Help with Newt to bluetooth to phone to dialup

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Oct 13 2007 - 12:10:24 EDT

On Oct 13, 2007, at 4:50 AM, Peter Hofmann wrote:

> Hi,
> did anybody have success connecting the Newton via Bluetooth to the
> internet using a BT Phone?
>
>> Hi there
>> I would like to connect the Newt to my dialup internet account using
>> bluetooth via a Sony Ericsson W300i.
>
> I´m trying with a SE K800i#
>
> Which are your settings in the phone?

What service do you have? I think we have confirmed connections using
Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile accounts by various list members in the
US, but probably others as well.

I use my MessagePad 2100 online through my Verizon Wireless Motorola
V710 via a Pico Bluetooth card frequently. It took way too many tries
for my phone to correctly remember the pairing with the Newton, but
it's worked ever since.

For the Verizon settings, see the following messages from the NTLK
archives:

<http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2006-06/0250.html>
<http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2006-06/0252.html>

The T-Mobile settings are described on WikiWikiNewt:

<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BlueTooth>

Hopefully this'll help you on your way to enjoying more freedom with
your Newton. Honestly, if I could get cell signal at my house, I
wouldn't ever bother with my WiFi card and would use my Newton online
more frequently.

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com