Re: [NTLK] eMate AA Batteries?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 08:53:08 EDT

On 10/15/07, Seb Payne <seb@sebpayne.com> wrote:

> I have an eMate that has a battery tray instead of the usual battery
> pack. However, I am unsure which sort of batteries to use and what can
> be used to get optimal life. I am using this machine for note taking
> so it needs to be available all time! I bought a pack of Energizer AA
> Super-Dooper batteries but they never seem to work. Is it better to
> charge them in or outside the machine?

Hi Seb,

It all depends on how they modified the eMate when installing the battery
tray. Check with the person who did the conversion and investigate further.
I'd avoid using anything but NiMH AA Cells in it if you are going to plug in
the Newton Power Adapter. But I'd still be wary since if it wasn't a
complete install including all the parts transferred from the eMate Original
Battery Pack you wouldn't have all the safety measures in place and issues
could arise.

Anything other than NiMH Cells could be disastrous for your poor eMate IMO.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung