Re: [NTLK] Commonly Asked Questions of the NewtonTalk Mailing List

From: Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 17:42:20 EDT

~~~ On 2007/10/15 16:04, Thomas Brand (T2) at thomasbrand@mac.com wrote ~~~

> I have a a questions for the group. What do you think are the most commonly
> asked questions this mailing list continues to answer over and over again. I
> am really looking for anything, but questions that can be answered with a
> guided walkthrough pertaining to the operation of the Newton are probably the
> best suited for my cause. Please respond to this thread with your suggestions
> as I continue to wander about through the archives making a list of my own.
>
> Many thanks,
> Thomas Brand (T2)
> MyNewtonBlog.net

*raises hand and waves it wildly*
"Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!"

It's like being in school again: if I answer first I get to say the easiest
answer.

One word. Connectivity. How do I get my Newton and my computer to talk to
each other, and how do I configure for diallup and/or ethernet and/or wifi
and/or Bluetooth-plus-mobile phone, so I can get online?

And then, for extra credit please, questions arising from connectivity,
like: what software is best so I can download the packages I want on my
Newton, how do I get my Newton to synch certain data, what are the best
modem cards, ethernet cards, wifi cards, Bluetooth cards and mobile phones
to use with a Newton and how do we go about finding them and setting them up
properly?

And for more extra credit, questions related to battery packs, batteries,
charging and battery life.

Seriously (for a moment) Thomas, this sounds like a cool thing you're trying
to do.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl