Re: [NTLK] Is my Newton dead?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 21:22:32 EDT

I believe that this is covered in the FAQ, but here goes:
  Leave the Newton alone over night with no batteries, no power and no memory cards...In the morning, pop in the batteries and your Newt should come back to life. Then pop in the memory cards and you should be good to go.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
chris4886@gmail.com wrote:
  A couple of months ago, I got a MessagePad 2000 (upgraded to 2100) off
of ebay. I used it for a few weeks, doing simple things like reading
some documents saved with Newton Press, installing a package or two,
playing battleship - nothing too demanding. I left for school a few
weeks later. The Newton sat untouched on my dresser for about three
months while I was away. Last weekend I went back home for a visit,
and the Newton seemed to be dead. It just simply wouldn't turn on.

I plugged it into the AC Adaptor. Nothing. Put fresh batteries inside.
Still nothing. I tried holding down the reset button. Still, it just
won't turn on. Does anyone know what could be causing this, or what
can be done to fix it?

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Chris