Re: [NTLK] Touch screen won't work on emate 300

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 17:07:41 EDT

It sounds like you may have a damage display ribbon caused by a
released spring as has already been pointed out.
I recommend that you stop closing the eMate until you can check this
out.
Sometimes the spring is shorting across two or more traces yet none
are fully severed, making it possible to continue using the ribbon
after repairing the springs. If you continue to open and close it
will get worse.
I have a spare display ribbon if you need one. Contact me off list.

I also do hinge repairs though it is not too difficult to do this
yourself.

Woody