Re: [NTLK] Newton screen shots

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 04:40:16 EDT

On 10/24/07 5:15 PM, Bob Chen <bobchenc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Simon told me he will not be online for the next week or so.
> I guess we need him to figure out what is wrong.

True. But I'm curious to know if more than just two of us on this list have
experienced this problem. Or are we the only two who have tried it across
serial? NCX users out there, due tell!

Also, Bob, have you tried transferring very large (several megabyte) files
to/from your Newton via NCX 1.2? Or have you tried a backup? I ask because
I get disconnects via serial when I do this. I got those disconnects even
on older version of NCX.

I consider the "disconnection" bug even bigger than the screen shot bug
because, honestly, screen shots are fun but they don't get my work done.
Transferring data is a critical task that needs to be done with error or
interruption. I'm quite concerned about this point. I can transfer small
packages to my Newton just fine, but it's when I start long backups or huge
file transfers that the disconnects begin.

Thanks,

James Wages