Re: [NTLK] OT - Do you speak BBC English?

From: Scott Rogers <srogers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 02 2007 - 13:48:41 EDT

Ack! You're right. It's Iowa, Nebraska, and central Illinois.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American

The point, though, is that the "general American accent" is supposed
to be devoid of regional markers, and apparently folks from that part
of that use sound, to people from elsewhere in the US, as if they have
no accent at all.