Re: [NTLK] OT - Do you speak BBC English?

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon Sep 03 2007 - 06:17:50 EDT

Hi Christian
There's no need for apologies. My thread was not meant to be taking a
moralistic high road, just to say that recent threads made were realise
again some of my own nonsense, not anyone elses. The thing I like about
this online community is that the underlying intentions in 99.9999999%
of all threads are well meaning. Personally I have no problem whatsoever
with making fun of the English, we have much to laugh at ourselves
about. Then so does everyone else.

I do like the fact that the debates on newtontalk range from, does
anyone know how to do x,y or z on a Newt, to being enraged about the use
of the apostrophe. On that particular issue I couldn't agree more,
although I do think the semi-colon is getting a rawer deal in this
current time.

I stand by what I said about corn dogs though. From what I could tell,
no so much corn but plenty of dog.

All the best

Andy