Re: [NTLK] Q: Does anyone have, or have photos of a MessagePad EVT 'Q'?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 21:01:17 EDT

On 9/23/07, mkow1234@aol.com <mkow1234@aol.com> wrote:

> Hello Sonny and Everybody Else Out There:

Greeting Matt ;-)

Sonny, I believe the device to which you referred was known as the "Eye-Q".
> The primary company that Apple partnered with on this was called Visible
> Interactive. The device was test marketed in several museums, incuding the
> National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. and the University
> Art Museum in Berkley, California. Several other museums around the world
> participated in the trial run of this device.

Hm, well this is not what I'm actually in search of.
I believe everyone has seen the MP2000 DVT units floating around here and
there and especially on eBay occasionally.
'Q' was the code name for the MP2000 and normally the DVT units had the name
MessagePad DVT on the rear label.

However what I'm looking for are the EVT (Engineering Verification Test
Units; I hope this is right...)
These would have been from what I believe the two versions of the MessagePad
2000 which were being engineered simultaneously.
One with the slower process that the eMate eventually came out with and the
faster DEC SA110 StrongARM processor which we lovingly call the MP2000.

I'm sure that someone has one of these out there in the wild or in a
collection. I just wanted to see if it could be possible ot get a set of
photos of it. Preferably also with the insides clearly documented if at all
possible.

The EYE-Q which you mentioned would have been a nice addition to the Newton
Photo Collection I have on Flickr for all to peruse through, but I too am a
bit busy now having a Wife, to kids (Girl-5 & Boy-1.5), mortgage, house, job
(aka work) & now back to school to finish my Undergraduate Degree...

But if you eventually find time to look it up I'd appreciate a update when
you do track the EYE-Q down.. ;-) as I'm sure you will.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung