Re: [NTLK] More spurious rumors or ?

From: Ed <efm01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 21:24:15 EDT

Maybe I got it wrong but I read that iphone will only use audio from itunes.

Steve Scotten <splicer@paroxysm.com> wrote:
  Ed wrote:
> Ebooks? Why read text as all? Even if it were possible on that microscopic screen. The dealbreaker for me is that I can't load my audio book files on an iphone.
eh? the iPhone has a reasonable screen for reading. The rumored new
device would be better, but I read reasonably comfortably on a Treo. I
admit it was much more enjoyable reading on a Tungsten T3 turned to
landscape mode, but I take what I can get, and the pickings are darn
slim these days.

Newt would make a good book reader, except that I can't get current
bestsellers on it. Same is currently true for the iPhone/iPod Touch as well.

And of all things, why can't you get audiobooks on the iPhone? What's
different about audiobook files than other (music) audio files? Does the
iPhone put a stupid file size limit on or something?

Steve