Re: [NTLK] internet contact issues

From: Jaeden Amero <newton_at_patatersoft.info>
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 18:26:07 EDT

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:
> Whoa, whoa whoa!!! Where did you get all this stuff??? I mean the card reader, Bible, mp3, etc????

The Nintendo DS homebrew community is a very interesting one. They
make lots of things. Matt uses a homebrew enabling device, made by
SuperCard, which allows him to run homebrew software. Other homebrew
devices can be found at <http://electrobee.com/>. I recommend getting
the CycloDS Evolution card. You can learn more about homebrew and how
it works at <http://www.dev-scene.com/NDS> and how to make your own
homebrew at <http://patater.com/manual/>.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Matt Howe <matthowe@comcast.net> wrote:
> I use a Nintendo DS with a Superkey cartridge, flash card adapter and some free software off the internet.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:
> I know about Opera--that's cool [...] Is it still available? BTW, this would be for the older DS, not the Lite (though we have one of those too, but my younger daughter isn't so interested in those) Thanks for any help you could provide!

Unfortunately, Opera for Nintendo DS has been quietly discontinued in
North America. You can still buy it new in Japan though. (I think you
can also get it in Europe till, too.) I would recommend getting a used
version from someplace, if you want one. There are two versions sold:
one for the bigger, older DS and one for the DS Lite. The DS Lite
version will not work on the original DS, but the original DS version
will work on the DS Lite. This is because the original DS has a bigger
(deeper) GBA slot than the DS Lite. The memory expansion cartridge
that comes with the DS Lite version of Opera is smaller than the
original DS version, so it won't fit all the way into the original DS.
The original DS memory expansion will not fit flush into the DS Lite
(just like any GBA game), but it still works fine.

Cheers,
Jaeden