Re: [NTLK] Adriano's lost shipments and Italian postal system

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 16:39:01 EDT

On 21.04.2008, at 15:53, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
> How is a German keyboard different?

The z and y are swapped (almost no Y in German, so why should id be zo
prominent), the braces and brackets on the right are replace with
umlauts and , all the stuff above the numeric keys is shifted and
sometimes changed (hey, we really do need the (Euror) to pay and how
would we ever type sz if we didn't have the (beta, prnounced "s" as
in "mass").

Oh, and the left shift key is shorter to make room for the < and > .
And the right Alt key is called AltGr and works as an entirely
different shift key to give us the #, @, [, \, |, ], {, and } which
never made it onto our regular keyboard.

In short, since my first days, I used British and the US keyboards. I
*hate* German keyboards even though I can not type the Umlauts in my
own mother tongue without twisting my fingers. Programming however is
absolute torture on a German keyboard. For regular keyboards, I can
simple mail-order a US version in Germany, but buying a laptrop pretty
much requires a trip to the States :-/

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/