Re: [NTLK] Differences between 2000 and 2100

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 02:34:14 EDT

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:35 AM, Martin Joseph <NT@stillnewt.org> wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:44 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
> > Some on this list have even suggested that the 2000's use of heap
> > is quite poor and that an MP130 better utilizes the limited heap
> > better than the 2000...Having never had an MP130, I can't comment.
> <snip>
>
> My understanding is that the 130 actually has more free heap space
> then the 2000? I have never heard the argument that it utilizes it
> better though.

My 130 has about 150000 shortly after a restart, and after a garbage
cleanup, using Avi's Backdrop, and my 2K has about 100,000. So, yes,
the 130 does have more heap, but I think Ed was talking about the fact
that the 2K series has a whole lot more to begin with than the 130,
but you end up with less user heap than with the 130. That's the
shame. :-)

As to screen dimensions, I just measured my daughter's 2K, and it's
the same as my 2100, and, as I recall, I swapped displays from another
2k model into my 2100. They are interchangable. :-) But here's
something freaky. My 2100 has a darker screen than the 2000 when the
displays are off. Go figure!

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland