Re: [NTLK] Exact Measurement of Newton 2000 Screen

From: G. Isten <gisela_at_tariffenet.it>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 07:44:13 EDT

> > If they are alarmed, like Matthias was,
> > they should be assured that it's all right. The sky is not falling,
> > the sky fell a long time ago.
>
>But, but, but..., but I am German, and while this fact is hardly
>puzzeling for an American, for a young immigrating German, the world
>almost stops rotating and the universe collapses, if something that is
>called "53mm by 106mm", we *will* have planned our project to that
>precission and expect acuracy ;-).

I second that, being a Italy-dwelling German myself. :-)

Actually, during my precision-accuracy readings on the English, German and Italian Wikipedia, I noticed that only the German Wikipedia refers to an industrial standardization norm (DIN 55350-13, DIN being the German Institute for Standardization) clearly defining what precision is. ;-)

Amused greetings,

Gisela