Re: [NTLK] [ANN] unna & mirrors torrents back online

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 18:55:58 EDT

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Woody Smith <woodysmith@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:
>>
>> Excellent. I'm seeing between 4 and 6 leechers on each of the
>> torrents, but I'm only seeing uploads for the Newton Museum DVD
>> torrent (.dmg), so I'm assuming most of those are actually seeding.
>
> I am not sure that that is correct. Peers are also participating in
> the torrent, uploading and downloading. If yours is only at 11% then
> you would likely be downloading more than uploading.
>
> I'm on the pirate bay tracker and have 10 connected with a report of 5
> in the swarm. only 1 seed is reported which I assume is me.

Yes, the UNNA.org server is currently a peer for the Newton Museum
torrent (currently) at 64% and obviously downloading more than I'm
uploading, but it'll continue to seed indefinitely (well, as long as
the server is up, of course) once complete.

I was really referring to the other torrents (unna & mirrors) which
I'm seeding, but while I see between four and six peers for them, none
are downloading at the moment.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com